Monday, September 30, 2013

9/30/13 Day Five of long weekend trip: Drive from Lockport BACK HOME!!!! MONDAY

I packed up my car early and headed back home.  The day started out a bit overcast and gloomy but as I headed west, the sky turned blue and things brightened up and it warmed up very nicely, too!

I made a few "photo-op" stops.  First in Gasport, then Middleport and then Medina.  I definitely need to go back to Medina for some exploration..........Medina has a very interested, old time downtown area and a train museum that I would like to go to.   A bit later on, I stopped to take a couple pictures in Clarendon, NY.  This building is known as the "Stone Store" and is right at the crossroads.
After that, I got on the thruway for a while.

I exited at 40 and headed to Camillus.  Unfortunately, the SIMS STORE MUSEUM that I wanted to go to was closed.  I looked for a geocache near some remains of a stage coach stop.  I didn't have the hint with me, and that would have helped.  I didn't find it, but the ruins are interesting.

Then I headed south to get on Route 20.  I stopped at the SUBWAY in Morrisville and purchased a sub to take home for my supper.  






No comments:

Post a Comment