Wednesday, September 4, 2013

September 4, 2013

Work was kind of stressful today.  The fall calendar is all ready to go, but we still needed address labels  for the approximately 500 parents and professionals who are on our databases (which I am responsible for).  I spent the first hour this morning updating both databases to reflect new people and delete names of people who have not responded to the calendars for several years.  Then it was time for labels, something I have never done in the past.  (I was shown how to do it once several years ago, but never did it on my own).  With no interns available to help out and Mary working shorter hours, I figured it would be up to me.  With Kim's help I was able to get both batches of labels completed right around quitting time.  I took an extra fifteen minutes to put stuff away and put some order to my two desks and then breathed a huge sigh of relief as I walked out the door.

I decided I was going to do something relaxing, since it was an absolutely gorgeous late summer day.  I went to SUBWAY and bought a six inch sub and a drink and took it to Wilber Park where I sat at a picnic table and read and ate.  Then I took a fairly long walk in a circle starting in the upper level, across the bridge and then across the lower level and up the hill.

Then I programmed Temmingtons Treasure into my GPS and headed towards it.  It was a very easy find, and I was rewarded with one of Team Ducky's Duckies!

It was a great way to spend an afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment