Sunday, December 16, 2012

Weekend in Lockport: December 14-17, 2012

I decided to go to Lockport to help my sister with cleaning out our Dad's apartment.  I left around 10:30 a.m. on Friday the 14th and drove up to Richfield Springs.  Before getting on the thruway, I bought a small sub from SUBWAY, since the selection of places to eat on the thruway is so limited.   I stopped in Oakfield, New York when I noticed a display of decorated trees around the Village Square.  Then I noticed this old school building that has been made into apartments: 

I arrived late afternoon and got settled into my Dad's old apartment.  Peggy arrived an hour or so later bring taco salads from a new fast food Mexican place she recently found.  We took a drive to see the small
Festival of Lights on Market Street and to some other neighborhoods that are beautifully decorated and lit up. 

Saturday morning, we started right in with working in the bathroom, which will be completely renovated.  We cleaned out a chest, and moved it to one of the bedrooms. We took some of the items that were in the chest into the basement.  For lunch, I prepared sloppy joes, and Gail joined us.  We had a nice visit.  We worked some more in the afternoon and then went out to supper at Gordy Harpers with Peggy's friend Betty and my mothers cousin, Becky.  It was a great meal, and I really like Gordy Harpers, which offers lots of
shopping opportunities.  Peggy purchased a MOON PIE to take home.  We went to a dollar store and bought several jars of peanut butter and jelly and dropped them off at a collection spot for homeless meals.
So, we got to see the festival of lights (I think it has a different name) again.

Sunday morning, Peggy and I went to church.  Wayne Dent gave a fantastic sermon.  Then we went to Subway for lunch and them back to the house.  We worked for about an hour and then rested the rest of the afternoon until it was time to leave for the Sunday School Christmas Program at Faith Tabernacle.  Mike and Janie and the kids met us there.  After the program, Janie took this picture of Mike, myself and Peggy with Flat Stacey.  This year, Cassandra sent her to Uncle Mike.

Peg and I met up with Mike, Janie and her two sons at a Taco place and spent a bit more time with them before heading home.  Peggy prepared turkey burgers for supper, which turned out good.

Monday morning, I headed back to Oneonta.  I started out on the thruway, and when I got tired of that, exited and got to Route 20.  I decided to stop at KLING'S MILLS DINER for lunch, and unfortunately they were all out of pie.  I arrived home around 1:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment