Saturday, April 7, 2018

Wednesday April 4th, 2018 at the CREATION MUSEUM

I went down to breakfast alone early, so I could read and have a long relaxing breakfast.  I tried the scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage as well as a bagel with cream cheese and jelly.  After a bit, Cindi joined me and I had 1/4 of her huge waffle.  Everything was delicious.  After a while, Marsha and Marlene came down but had to take a separate table from us.

Our plans were to try to leave the hotel at 8:30 but it was 8:45 when we headed out.  The CREATION MUSEUM is just a few miles from the COMFORT INN.  We found things a bit confusing once we got inside the building and finally found the right line for tickets to the Planetarium shows.  Cindi got the tickets for both shows while the three of us waited.  Marsha took advantage of the machine that crushes and imprints a souvenier penny.

The two shows in the planetarium were CREATED COSMOS (this was VERY good) and ALIENS: FACT or FICTION (not so good).  Then we walked through the museum.  The exhibits were very good.  It was a bit crowded, but people mostly moved along at a good speed.


We had lunch at NOAH'S CAFE.  I had a chicken salad with a whole tomato, which came with a side.  (I think I chose coleslaw).  It was very good.  Prices were reasonable in the café, my meal including a drink was around $9.00.
Marlene shared her fish and potatoes with me.  We had ice cream at a shop just outside the café.  I had mint chocolate chip in a waffle cone.  It was over six dollars!.

Then we went to an auditorium where we watched the film THE LAST ADAM.  It was good.  Then we went to both gift shops.  I purchased a bag, and three journals.  Marsha found a _______ so that she can carry her camera around her neck.

We arrived back at the COMFORT INN around 3:30 p.m.  We decided to rest until about 5:30 p.m.  I napped a bit.  I think Cindi spent most of that time looking at maps and figuring out a better route to take back to New York that would go around the construction area.  Marsha and Marlene both reported that they were able to nap.

We headed out to find a place to have supper a bit before six p.m.  While looking, Marsha and I noticed BEER'S AUTO SALES:
  a building with a lot of old gasoline and other signs on the front of it.  Cindi stopped so we could get out and take pictures.  It was amazing!!!   We met the owner, Gary Beers,
and talked with him a bit.  We both took a LOT of pictures.  Gary said that his place is pretty empty now due to someone coming in and buying a LOT of stuff a couple of weeks ago.  He said AMERICAN PICKERS have been there.

We decided on Frisch's Big Boy for supper.  I had a patty melt which came with sweet potato fries and coleslaw,  which was good but not excellent.  The others were happy with their meals.  We decided to order desert.  Cindi was able to finish her pecan pie, but the rest of us took most of our coconut cream pie back with us.

After getting back to our lodging, we decided to play BOGGLE down in the breakfast room.  It was fun.  I begged off early so that I could take a shower before DESIGNATED SURVIVOR.  Apparently, Cindi and Marlene got into an argument over the rules to Scrabble.   Cindi also watches DS and she got back to the room in time for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment