Friday, April 13, 2018

Friday April 13, 2018

I joined Carolann Hill, Peggy and Pastor Craig at church this morning, where we got coffee, tea, etc and cookies ready to take over to the school next door for the teachers.
This is an outreach they do a few times a year and Peggy asked me to help.

I forgot to take my camera, but it probably would have been hard to take pictures anyways since I had a huge flat box of cookies (from Carson's) in my hands most of the time.  The teachers all seemed to enjoy this.  It was fun to see an inside of an elementary school with kids artwork all over.

After that I went over to visit my Uncle Bob and Aunt Hiroko.  I took a cigar box full of items that I think my grandmother (Bob's mother) saved when she was young.  It is some letters and several postcards.  I think I found the box in a closet when I was a teen and that my parents said I could have it.  I left it here at this house when I moved away to go to school, and then I found it again after my mother died in  1979.  It moved with me to Oneonta and then back here!  I got it out a couple of weeks ago and posted a scan of a graduation program from a Catholic school here in Lockport.  After I posted the scan, Uncle Bob called and asked to see the box of items.  I left it with him today so he can spend time going through it.  I had a nice visit with them.

I had planned to go to the rummage sale (Grandma's Attic) at Covenant Church in Gasport, but I decided against it.

I went over to Faith Tab for a CONNECT Team Meeting with Peggy, Dee and Elaine.  The team is a new thing, the four of us will be sharing responsibility rather than Peggy doing all the work for the seniors group.  I think we generated a lot of good ideas.

I met Peggy and her friend Bev at Kalamata's Restaurant
so we could celebrate Bev's birthday.  I had the BBQ ribs.  We had a nice time.

No comments:

Post a Comment