Monday, April 23, 2018

Monday 4/23/2018 to BOULDER and back

Christa informed me this morning that she thought going to Boulder (even though she hates Boulder)would be a good idea and I agreed.  Nik prepared  full breakfast, scrambled eggs with cheese, home fries, bacon and juice.  I also had a half of a grapefruit.  It was delicious!!!!

Christa packed sandwiches and we headed out around twelve thirty, I think.  Our first stop was at CELESTIAL SEASONINGS for a tour of their factory. We went into the Tour
Center and  were given tickets for the two p.m. tour and offered the opportunity to sample several hot and cold teas, which we did. Here are a few pictures from inside the Tour Center:

  We had extra time before two p.m. so we went to the gift shop.
I bought a few small inexpensive items and we returned to the Tour Center.  We saw a short film and then each person was given a hairnet
 I was disappointed because we were not allowed to take pictures inside during the tour  I thought it was very interesting and well organized.

After the tour we returned to the gift shop.  Christa and Nik bought several boxes of teas, kinds they cannot get in the supermarkets they go to.

Leaving Celestial Seasonings, we decided to go to Settler's Park Trailhead.  We had a picnic lunch and then headed up the trail that I think is called Red Rocks Trail.  I thought I had read that it was an easy trail but it wasn't.  I only went a little way up and then told Christa and Nik that they should go on ahead and I would go back down and explore down there.

I walked around and took some pictures, noticing that there were several other trails we could have chosen.  Here are a few pictures I took:



Then we went to the Pearl Street Mall  which is an outdoor pedestrian walkway between two rows of shops and eateries.  Even though I am not a shopper, I enjoyed this experience.  We stopped in  few shops.  I particularly liked NATURE'S OWN, where I purchased  a birthday present for Tyler and one for Megan, as well as an onyx candle holder for Christa. 
We decided to head back home after this. I think I failed to mention that the weather was just perfect today!!!! We had leftover baked ziti, garlic toast and broccoli for supper.  I tried a cup of vanilla sleepy time tea with some vanilla ice cream in it................and while it tasted great, I am not sure it enhanced my sleep.
.




No comments:

Post a Comment