Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Day One: Trip to Colorado: April 18, 2018

OK..............today is the day.  Christa and I have been in contact making plans for what to do and where to go while I am with her and Nic.  I suspect she is somewhat stressed out, and I don't understand why.

Anyways, I started the day pretty much already packed up. I went to Carrie's program to have lunch with her.  It went well!   Then back home, I completed packing and tried to take a nap, but of course I couldn't..............I was just too excited.

Mary Ann called me a few minutes after three and asked if I might be ready at 3:20 instead of 3:30 and I said I thought so.  She arrived and helped me get my stuff into her car.

  Once at the airport, I  got through the initial processes pretty quickly BECAUSE I had pre-registered online before getting there.  I even was able to get into a security check line that was shorter and faster.  This meant that I had plenty of time at my terminal to wait.  I took out my book and settled in.
   After a while they announced that they hoped two people would voluntarily give up their seats because they overbooked.  They kept offering more money!   I think one person did volunteer but in the end they called Passenger Humphrey up and I think she lost her seat.


It seemed that we boarded a bit late.   My seat was great, I guess I chose it when I booked my flight. Second row in, with lots of leg room. I did not know that Frontier does not pass out drinks and snacks....and it was a four to five hour flight.  At least I did not have to use the teensy bathroom!

The Denver airport is kind of big and I finally got to baggage claim, there were still some folks from my flight waiting for their suitcases.  Turns out I was on the wrong level, but I called Christa and she figured that out and I took an elevator down to the fourth level where they were waiting.  

I was SO tired!!!!!   

Once back at their new house (which is gorgeous), they showed me around and I got settled in.   It was a long day and I was glad it was over.  I am so happy to be here with Christa and Nik!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment