Monday, April 2, 2018

Tuesday April 3, 2018 Drive to Kentucky

Marsha drove to my house late yesterday afternoon and we had supper together and she spent the night here so that Cindy and Marlene could pick us up early to drive to Lawrenceburg, Indiana for our lodging during our visit to THE CREATION MUSEUM and THE ARK ENCOUNTER.

Marsha brought TOO MUCH STUFF, so we left some of it behind at my house, and were able to load the back of Cindy's jeep up and still allow for space so she could see out of her rear view mirror.

The first couple of hours on the road were fine (we stopped at the ANGOLA PLAZA on the thruway so we could use the bathroom).  However somewhere in Ohio,  we encountered a detour on the thruway which caused us to lose a lot of time, due to being stuck in very slow moving traffic.  I took a few pictures of stuff seen during this traffic slowdown. 


During that slowdown we stopped to have lunch at a McDonalds. in Conneaut, Ohio.

We got back on the road and headed into Ohio.  I think we were beyond Columbus when we encountered bad weather.   There was BIG hail, strong winds, and the weather app on Marlene's phone informed us that there were tornado warnings.  After that the rain and lightening continued and there were warnings of possible floods.  We saw large fields flooded as we got close to Kentucky.

At any rate, we arrived at our lodging in Lawrenceburg, Indiana (just over the border  from Kentucky) later than we had planned.
We dropped of our luggage in our rooms (Cindy and I were roommates and Marlene and Marsha roomed together down the hall) and met downstairs to go out for supper.  While waiting I talked to a man who was also staying there, and I asked him if he could recommend a restaurant.   He pointed to LA ROSA (one of a large chain) which was pretty much on the same property as THE COMFORT INN and said they liked it a lot.  So, when the rest of my group came down, I suggested we check it out instead of driving someplace.  I think Cindy especially liked this idea.   We walked over (about a thirty second walk) and looked at the menu and liked what we saw, so we stayed!!!   It was a good choice.

I had the Spaghetti-a-Plenty which was basically all you can eat spaghetti, salad and garlic bread for less than six dollars (a special on Mondays and Tuesdays).  I added meat sauce which brought the price up.  The salad was really good.  I only ate a tiny bit of my spaghetti
and took the rest back to our room (which had a nice size frig).

We all retired to our rooms right after supper.  I slept well, but definitely it was not a full nights sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment