Saturday, April 28, 2018

CareNet Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon (4/28/18)

I got an invitation to this event a few weeks ago, but forgot to RSVP, probably because of my two trips earlier this month (Kentucky and Colorado).  Last night, while having supper with Peg and our friend Betty, Peg asked me if I was planning on going.  I told her I had completely forgotten about it. No matter, she messaged Cindra Enzinna, Director of Lockport CareNet Pregnancy Center,  and told her I would like to attend and Cindra said it was fine.

The banquet was held at Grace Chapel Church which used to be Mike Wing's church but is now Tim Dembroski's church.
Peg was here at my place this morning to work on clearing out the old storage shed in the back yard, so she asked me if I wanted to ride to Grace Chapel with her and I agreed.

The luncheon was very nice. Don Enzinna insisted on taking head shots of each volunteer.  I hope my pic turned out OK and even if it did, I hope they do NOT put it in the newsletter.   They offered wraps, salad, various savory "bites" and great deserts.  Each volunteer was given a small gift.  

No comments:

Post a Comment