Saturday, July 8, 2017

Tuscarora Nation 172nd Field Day/Picnic July 8th, 2017 and WATER MUSIC and FIREWORKS OVER the CANAL

Even though I grew up here, so close to the Indian reservation, I never attended this event.  Pam told me about it a year or two ago, and I have wanted to attend it since then.  It is not highly advertised.

When I found out the dates, I asked Pam if she wanted to go and she agreed, but she cancelled out due to other obligations.  Mary Ann seemed happy to learn of it and eager to go.  She offered to drive.  We found the location easily enough.  They were offering food (mostly regular American items, but one booth offered fry bread.)  There were lots of vendors offering American Indian items, mostly jewelry and beaded items like these. 
There was a short parade and then a procession to a stage. 

In the evening, Elaine picked me up and we went down to the Big Bridge area to set up our chairs for WATER MUSIC.  The Albany Symphony played from a barge. 
The event was very crowded, but we got there early enough to get front row seats along the northern side of the canal.  We met up with Nancy there. 

Later on, while walking down to Lake Effect Ice Cream, we met up with Janie and the boys and then we located Mike and Kim and Vincent. 
As soon as the music stopped, the fireworks began.
It was a very nice display.  

No comments:

Post a Comment