Friday, July 6, 2012

Gilbert Lake Adventure: July 6, 2012

Megan wanted to take the kids to Gilbert Lake State Park today and I agreed to go along.  We ran in to Rite Aide for sunscreen, charcoal and bottled drinks and then came home and I gathered the items we would need for lunch.  We got into the park free when I showed my license which proves that I am over 62 years old!!
The picnic/beach area was pretty crowded but we were able to find a table with a nearby grill. !

 We grilled the burgers and had them with chips and drinks.  The kids did some swimming and Cassandra looked for a frog and caught one and kept it for a little while.  Tyler spent some time on the playground.

The picnic/beach area was pretty crowded but we were able to find a table with a nearby grill.  We grilled the burgers and had them with chips and drinks.  The kids did some swimming and Cassandra looked for a frog and caught one and kept it for a little while.    We all had a good time.  I was happy to get home and take a nap!  


No comments:

Post a Comment