Monday, July 23, 2012

FROGPOND, etc. ADVENTURE

Linda and I set out for the FROGPOND this morning. They had a LOT to offer today and I purchased potatoes, sweet potatoes, plums,
peaches, nectarines, grapes, black cherries, melon and probably one or two more items.

Then we went to PINE RIDGE GROCERY (commonly known as The Mennonite Store) but they did not have the one item I wanted, their honey meat sticks. They did, however have KUTZTOWN SODA at about half the price I paid the other day in GALLUPVILLE, so I bought a dozen or so bottles.

After that we decided to go out to lunch, but were undecided where to go. We drove through Sidney looking for SUBWAY, but did not see it and all of a sudden we were on the other side of Sidney and I saw the sign for six miles to Masonville, so I suggested that we check out the General Store there. We checked it out but they did not really offer food. They had a nice area with tables and chairs and some snack food, but thats about all. It seems to be more of a gift shop.........but its very nice and has many old fixtures.

By then we were getting hungry, so we headed back to Sidney. I saw a sign for the Chinese Buffet and suggested to Linda that we check it out, and if we were not satisfied, we could go to Subway.

We chose the Chinese Buffet and it was very good, but I did not care much for their fried rice.

After lunch, we headed back to Oneonta, it was a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment