Sunday, January 17, 2010

Oneonta New York Ruins 11/11/2009





Oneonta New York Ruins
Originally uploaded by JuneNY
My friend Connie wanted to show me a place where she hikes in Oneonta. She said that the land is owned by Hartwick College, a private college in Oneonta. The land is in the west end of Oneonta, right off of Winney Hill Road. There is a small parking area right across from some private homes.

Connie is not interested in urban explorations so she had not mentioned these ruins to me ahead of tiem. They are kind of in a little valley. We did not walk down to them. I was surprised (and delighted) to see them and glad I had my camera with me.

I have no idea what they might have been years ago. Connie suggested that I take copies of the pictures to the Oneonta Historical Society and see if they have any pertinent information.

Anyways, it was a gorgeous fall day, a tad bit on the chilly side. After our hike, we went to the Undercover Eggplant and had a desert.

Posted by JuneNY at 6:41 PM 0 comments

No comments:

Post a Comment