Thursday, January 21, 2010

January 21, 2010 Adventure





















Some people might find this too boring to be called an adventure.






My friend Connie and I met up in Oneonta to take a walk since it was such a gorgeous winter day, no snow and the sun was shining and the sky was a gorgeous blue. We walked around Wilber Park for about a half an hour. Then we decided to check out the ARTS COUNCIL, a gallery that is in the old Wilber Mansion. The art displayed today did not appeal a lot to either one of us, but I decided to take some pictures of the architecture, which is very interesting because it is very beautiful. The staircase is especially beautiful. There is also a mural on an outbuilding behind the mansion.
After that we decided to to to the Lettis Auction House. This was my second visit. I put in a prebid on a cobalt blue glass boot, it stands about three inches high and would be a nice addition to my collection. I was allowed to take pictures of the facade of the inside of the old post office. I am not sure where it was before it was in this building. I emailed the owner of the auction house and asked if he has any history or facts about it. The reddish brown building is the auction house. The other building is the Wilber Mansion.
Connie suggested we go to a salvage company that she has been to. She wanted to look at old sinks, since she wants to purchase one. The walkway to the building that has the sinks was a sheet of ice, so we decided to try again in the spring.
All in all it was a great day. I was really glad that I had supper in the crockpot so that I did not have to cook tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment