Thursday, January 14, 2010

Does this count as an adventure?

Maybe it does. I asked several friends and none of them were interested in accompanying me to go see the movie AVATAR, at Southside Cinema in Oneonta. I guess they are not as adventuress as I am. I do not like science fiction or fantasy and most of the time action films do not interest me. But, a couple of people who saw this movie told me about the wonderful 3D and visual effects, so I decided I wanted to see it. Waiting for it to be released on DVD or for television was not going to work for this movie because of the 3D stuff.

So, today I bit the bullet and went to the movies all by myself. I thought it would be really strange doing that, but it really wasn't. In fact, I think there are some benefits to going alone. The movie is WONDERFUL! The scenery in the fantasy world is just marvelous, and the 3D effects are so great. I thoroughly enjoyed this very long movie. I usually start to doze off during movies, but I did not have any problems with that today.

I followed through one of the traditions Christa and I started years ago. In order to avoid paying high prices for drinks and popcorn, etc. we would sneak our own food and drink in. I had a huge cranberry orange muffin and a bottle of Cherry Dr. Pepper with me when I went in.

I strongly recommend this movie, even to people who do not like science fiction and/or fantasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment