Sunday, January 17, 2010

First Trip to Sherburne, June 25, 2009

This is an account of a past "adventure". On June 25th, 2009 my friend Carol and I met up in New Berlin and drove together to Sherburne, NY. First we went into a consignment store. I purchased a pair of capris and a shirt to go with them. Then we went to DOLLAR GENERAL. I was surprised to see some canned food items (Margaret Holmes) that I had never seen before, and I purchased several items. Then we had lunch in the diner.

After that we went to Rogers Environmental Center to hike and find a geocache or two. It was a blisteringly hot day and we were sweating and complaining even before we found the trail. At the trails edge, we ran into another geocacher, Bullseye1. We introduced ourselves and stood and talked for a while. The sun was so hot! After a few minutes of talking, we headed down the trail. I thought it would be cooler in the shade, but it was terrible. Carol suggested we call it quits and come back another day, and I agreed. I was thankful for the air conditioning in my car on the drive back.

I don't think I took any pictures on this short trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment