Wednesday, June 21, 2017

SWALLOW HOLLOW TRAIL at the Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge

After breakfast of baked blueberry pancake and fried potatoes, Leslie and I set out for the Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge.  We drove separately because I had an afternoon commitment and Leslie wanted more time to bird watch. We started at the Visitors Center. 

We noticed a small group of people checking the Martin houses and joined them for a couple of minutes. 
With our map of the refuge in hand, we headed to the SWALLOW HOLLOW TRAIL.  It is a mile and a third long, circular, very well maintained trail.  I took a lot of pictures. 


We saw quite a few birds. 

Across the road from the trail, we noticed a large pavilion with picnic tables, so we had our picnic lunch there. 
I headed back to Lockport and Leslie stayed at the refuge to continue birdwatching. 

Geneva picked me up at three thirty and we headed to Camp Kenan for FAMILY NIGHT.  We met Karra there.  Everyone was served a chicken dinner (I think it was Chiavetta's), with cupcakes and cookies for desert.  After she ate a HUGE meal, I got Carrie settled into her cabin and we returned to Lockport.

No comments:

Post a Comment