Wednesday, June 14, 2017

LONG WALK with Marlene

When I checked the weather forecast last night I saw that today was supposed to be a gorgeous and not too hot day.  I called Marlene and we agreed to meet up at ten a.m. at Widewaters.  After completing a small project at church, I headed over.  When I arrived, Marlene suggested we cross the canal and meet at another spot.  I noticed that across the road from this parking area there is an entrance to LYTLE NATURE PRESERVE, a place I have heard about and was wondering where it is.  I found this picture online. 
I hope to explore it soon. 

We walked a REALLY long way, all the way to Upson Park.  We stopped several times to rest for a couple of minutes.  There was a group of women biking together and I asked them what the name of their group is and was told OUTSPOKIN'.  I could not find any information online about a local group.

We finished up our walk a few minutes before noon.  On the way home, I stopped at REIDS for a white hot with sauce. 
  I noticed my UNCLE BOB there and we chatted for a few minutes. 

When I got home I had a phone message from Pam asking if I wanted to take a walk.  I called her and invited her to join me at my house for supper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment