Monday, March 17, 2014

The DAY BEFORE Legislative Day ADVENTURE!

I got up early and packed sandwiches for us to take with us and Peggy and I left my house a few minutes before ten a.m. and headed towards Albany.  Near Duanesburg, we looked for a few geocaches, but did not have any luck.  Two of them were beneath hard piles of snow and the third (hidden on an old train car at Canal Street Station) was elusive!  We had better luck in Rotterdam, finding three out of three!  One of them is hidden behind this old schoolhouse.

Early afternoon found us at TRADER JOE'S where we took our time and enjoyed a few samples.
I bought several items and Peggy bought a few. Here is my cart including the insulated bag I purchased.
 After that we headed to the RAMADA to check into our room for the night.  I napped while Peg used the treadmill in the work out room.

For supper we headed to a popular BBQ place named CAPITAL Q but when we found out that they didn't have a dining area, only a row of seats in a window, doing mostly take out, we decided to go elsewhere.

We ended up at CAPITAL BUFFET for a chinese buffet that was really good..........they even had what I referred to as "mongolion bbq".  A stop at DOLLAR TREE completed our nights activities and then we headed back to the Ramada.  I had my laptop with me, so I was able to go online and log the geocaches we found.

No comments:

Post a Comment