Monday, March 31, 2014

Monday March 31st Drive Back to Oneonta

I left Lockport around 8:40 or so and headed east.  I made a few early detours just for the heck of it.  Albion, Holley and Brockport, in Brockport I found the former Christian Center building....it seems to be unoccupied.
On Main Street I noticed this neat restored ghost sign:
.......and picked up a snack at a great Arby's.  The Arby's in Brockport is like a blast from the past (1950s) and I took several pictures.

From there I headed to Rochester and drove the "can of worms" successfully and located THE LIBERTY DINER.  I tried to reach Terry A. by phone, without any luck, so I found her house but she was not at home.  I returned to the diner, hoping to find her there, but she wasn't.  (when I go home, I found a message from her saying she was at the diner, waiting for me).  I suspect that I was there too early for her.

I continued on my way towards Oneonta, stopping to  take a few pictures of a museum and one room schoolhouse in Pompey Center.  I have driven by the museum several times, but I don't think I ever noticed the schoolhouse before.

No comments:

Post a Comment