Thursday, July 18, 2013

BEAT THE HEAT ADVENTURE

We are in the middle of a July heatwave here in the Oneonta area.  On days I work, I automatically spend a half a day in a/c so those days are more maneagable, but today was not a work day and I was determined to
BEAT THE HEAT.  I decided to try to find someone to go to the movies with since the movie theatre here is air conditioned.

Leslie was busy with her parents, Linda had to work today, and so did Carol, Connie does not go to the theatre but Terry was very happy when I mentioned it to her.  After running a few errands and getting gas, I met up with her at the mall. We had lunch at Applebee's.    We had the lunch special combo......a sandwich and a salad, but that turned out to be kind of a small meal so we both ordered the TRIPLE CHOCOLATE MELTDOWN.
It was delicious, but it turned a cheap meal into an expensive lunch, since the desert was over five dollars.  But it was good to try it ONCE.  

The movie we chose was WHITE HOUSE DOWN,  and it was VERY good.  
When I got home, it had cooled down a bit, with the threat of 
rain.  It was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment