Friday, May 24, 2013

Out and About with Carol Friday May 24, 2012

I had hoped to go geocaching today, but I woke up to very chilly damp weather and decided not to.   A little while later on,
Carol called me and asked me if I was busy and I said I wasn't.  She suggsted a drive out to the FrogPond and I agreed.  She picked me up around 9:30 and we headed out.  First stop was in Oneonta so she could do some banking.
     Then we headed outo Bainbridge on Route 7.  The FrogPond was very busy today.  Carol bought some vegetable plants and I bought parsnips, beets, strawberries and maybe one other item.  After that, we went to PINE RIDGE GROCERY.  I wanted to get some of their honey meat sticks, but they did not have any today.  I bought a few other items. 
     We decided to go to the Chinese buffet in Sidney for lunch.  It was a great lunch.  I like everything there except for their fried rice, which is too bland and plain.  The apple pie was really good with ice cream.
    Then I went to Price Chopper to try to find the honey teriyaki sauce that my sister and I found earlier this year when we wanted to make teriyaki broccoli..........however they did not carry it.  I bought a weed trimmer at K-Mart and then we headed towards home.
     I suggested to Carol that we might be able to find the lettuce plants she wants at SOUTHWIND FARMS, so we decided to try to find it.  We ended up driving all around on back roads in the area of the Town of Otego and we eventually found it.  I bought a dozen eggs, and we looked at mama and baby goats May24th 018 by JuneNYand the owner agreed to order some BOARS HEAD liverwurst for Carol.  When we got back to my house, Carol cut some lilacs off of my purple lilac bush.    It was a long and tiring day and I was glad to get home since it was so damp and cold outside.  








No comments:

Post a Comment