Saturday, October 15, 2016

Youngstown and Lewiston Adventure

Elaine, Nancy and I set out for Youngstown mid morning.  The First Presbyterian Church
there was having a fall bazaar/festival including antiques, jewelry, crafts, food and a huge basket raffle.

I did not see any baskets that I really liked so I did not buy tickets. I did buy one piece of jewelry, a few painted rocks and some dishclothes that Elaine said will last forever!  We all had the seven dollar lunch...........a sandwich, bowl of soup, drink and desert (apple crisp).  It was very good.
While Nancy and Elaine were browsing, I went outside to explore the cemetery.  (UNIVERSAL CEMETERY)
many of the graves hold residents who were born in the 1700's.  
After we left the church, we drove down to a public spot along the river and sat for a while.  It was beautiful there.  
We decided to go to Lewiston to go to Hibbards Frozen Custard.  Along the way, we stopped at an estate sale.  Nancy bought a lamp and Elaine bought a basket.  

Hibbards was offering pumpkin pie frozen custard.   I had chocolate on the bottom, vanilla in the middle and pumpkin pie on top.  
The pumpkin pie was delicious! So were the other flavors.    It was a great day, with wonderful fall weather.  

No comments:

Post a Comment