Saturday, October 8, 2016

October 8, 2016 OUTDOOR PHOTOGRAPHY at the Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge

Elaine and I had tentatively planned to go to the Cambria Corn Maze, but she was concerned that it might be muddy (due to morning rain) so we cancelled.  I remembered that there was an Outdoor Photography workshop at the Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge and decided to go.

On my way there, I stopped at PULP 716 and bought myself a Paula's Donut (sour cream).

There were two other woman there (Carol and her daughter Jennifer) besides myself and Bob Hazen presented a workshop about digital photography.  It was very good.  Mainly, I learned that I need to spend some time learning about the various settings on my new camera.

We all headed out to the trailhead for the Kanyoo Trail and met there.
 It was a beautiful fall day, with a nice breeze.  We all took pictures along the trail.  The other three seem to be bird watches, and they saw a lot of birds.  Jennifer is a Wildlife Rehabilitator.  Carol and Jennifer told me about a place they love:  Glenwood Lake north of Medina.  I hope to go there someday.

Here are a few of my pictures:

 I think the red vines are known as Virginia Creepers.
  Jennifer Cummings took this great picture of some Sandhill Cranes:  

My complete set of pictures can be seen here:  
https://www.flickr.com/photos/juneny/albums/72157674848990056    

I stopped at Reids on the way home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment