Wednesday, October 8, 2014

SOLO Youngstown Adventure Monday October 6, 2014

The other day while driving home from Concordia Lutheran Church, I noticed a dwelling  that looked like it was a one room schoolhouse in a former life.  It was a nice fall day, so I decided to take a drive out to see it and take a picture.  I packed myself a lunch and headed out:

I found the one room schoolhouse easily enough (on Beebe Road not far from the church) and here it is:

I looked at the Niagara County map and decided to drive to Youngstown to see what I might see.   Before getting to the village I went to two farmstands and purchased several items at SANGER FARMS
(including a pumpkin pie).  Once in the village,  I visited a PEACE GARDEN, an art gallery and checked out two diners.  This tiny library is at the Peace Garden
Once again, I was disappointed by the lack of fall color, but I found this interesting  (at the Peace Garden in Youngstown.
The ONTARIO HOUSE is a huge old hotel which still offers rooms and meals, but it was closed today.  I hope to return someday and have lunch here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment