Monday, October 21, 2013

Secret Caverns and more: 10/21/13

I called Judy this morning to see if she was busy and she said she wasn't.  She asked me to pick up a couple of items at Price Chopper before driving out to Westford to meet up with her.  We decided to go to Ardy's for an early lunch, mostly because I had a gift certificate that I won a couple of days ago.  
     When we got to Ardy's at eleven a.m., we found out that it would not open until noon.  I suggested that we go to Cobleskill for lunch.  When I mentioned Rubbin' Buts BBQ, Judy was interested, since she had heard about it on the radio.
     We had lunch at Rubbin' Butts..........we both had the pulled pork sandwich for $5.00 (the lunch special) and a soda.  Then Judy asked if we could go see Ryder Elementary School where she did her student teaching.   I agreed and we found it.  
     I suggested a drive further east on Route 7, since it was such a nice day.  When I saw the colorful signs for SECRET CAVERNS, I suggested we find that place, since I had heard about how colorful the building was.  We followed the signs and drove through a small hamlet called Bramanville before we got to the caverns.
     I was surprised to see the caverns open.  This is the building where you pay to go in and it is also a gift shop.  Judy waited in the car while I went in and checked it out.  It is very interesting and colorful.

Secret Caverns by JuneNY
On the way back to Route 7, we went through Bramanville again, and I stopped to take a picture of the Caverns Mill Museum and Country Store, which, unfortunately, were closed.   I hope to return someday when it is open.  Bramanville is a sleepy hamlet. I noticed one storefront, but did not stop to take a picture.
     Once back on 7, we headed towards Schenevus.  We made one more stop: at a farm stand/store.  It was very nice.
 They sell a lot of items from other countries (I think Italy mostly) and offer sandwiches and other foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment