Friday, October 4, 2013

QUILTS and MORE: 10/4/13

Got up to a bleak, damp day and decided to visit an old friend in Sidney.  I arrived at her place a few minutes before ten a.m. and we went to the Sidney Historical Society Museum, then to KMart and then to the Chinese buffet for lunch.

I started to head home after dropping her off and then I remembered the Quilt Show at the Majors Inn in Gilbertsville.  I decided to check my GPS to see how long it would take me to get to Gilbertsville and it was less than 20 minutes, so I decided to go.  I drove down a colorful backroad which got me to Route 51 a few miles west of Gilbertsville.

The Quilt Show was magnificent.  All that color and wonderful pattern, inside a beautifully restored old building!  I was there for  about 45 minutes and then I remembered that I was parked in a thirty minute parking spot, so I quickly finished up.  I took a few pictures of the Majors Inn from the outside then headed to my car.  It was parked outside of what used to be a quilt shop, but is now a book shop, so I decided to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment