Thursday, June 9, 2011

Route 7 Geocaching Adventure!!!

Leslie and I met up at her house this morning to set out towards Bainbridge for some geocaching.

Our first stop was at PIE IN THE SKY, where she found HEAVEN ON ROUTE 7. Then down the road a bit to find WHY DID THE DUCKY CROSS THE ROAD? This one is hidden at the local landmark in this picture:
It was quick, easy and fun!

Then on to Wells Bridge to look for a couple of geocaches hidden by NitroZack and his Dad. We found the location of one, and Leslie went after it. I started down the hill but decided that for my own health and well being, I should return to the car, which I did. I sat in the a/c and read a book and waited for Leslie to return. When she did, she was scratched up and bug bitten, but happy because she found the geocache. She said she forgot to take the "coin" she wanted to hide in it, and I suggested she go back and she didn't want to do that. We couldn't really find the location of the second geocache.

We stopped at a hot dog stand on the way to Unadilla.




In Unadilla, we found HOMETOWN ANGEL. I know I looked in that spot before unsuccessfully..........anyways, I found it today.

Then on to Bainbridge. The best thing about today was that Leslie baked cupcakes and brought them along. She said they were "birthday cupcakes". My birthday was a few days ago, and hers is coming up in a few days. I should have taken a picture of them. We ate them in a small shelter in General Clinton Park and then we looked for a couple of geocaches hidden there. We found one but could not find the other one. I have a feeling there is a trick involved!
one of the geocaches is hidden near this interesting tree.

After that I found WETLANDS, Leslie's geocache and she checked on it. It is in fine
condition.

On the way back down Route 7, we stopped to hide a geocache in the steel angel just the other side of Bainbridge.
Unfortunately, I wrote the coordinates down wrong, so I need to go back and get them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment