Friday, June 10, 2011

BREAKDOWN ADVENTURE

What started out as a fun day ended up being a bit of a trial. Terry and I wanted to go over to New Berlin for a fish fry supper. We invited Betty along. We met at LUMPY'S BBQ just down the road from me and headed out. We stopped in Unadilla to fill up on gas and Terry and Betty went into the convenience store to see if they could get something small to eat. Then we headed on our way.

I stopped at the steel angel location just outside of Bainbridge to check on the coordinates for the geocache I hid yesterday. Somehow, I wrote the coords down wrong, so I redid them today. While I was waiting for my GPS to get satellites, Terry and Betty found the geocache.

Our destination was Bainbridge, so that we would go to the FROGPOND and PINE RIDGE GROCERIES (commonly known as the Mennonite Store). We noticed that the historical museum was open and we stopped for a few minutes there, too. Then we headed over towards New Berlin.

We stopped in South New Berlin because Betty had never been to TOBY'S. Toby was there today and he let us in the side room, but would not let us into the main room of his shop, because of the roof and floor damage. (last time I was there, the room was leaking badly). We looked around a bit and I took a couple of pictures and I purchased two small ceramic birds.

After that, we decided to stop at the library because they have a small museum. The library was open and the librarian opened the museum for us. It is a very nice museum with an extensive collection of artifacts.

When it came time to leave and I started the car, I felt a very slight shuddering, and then the battery light came on, the car started, went into gear but it would not move. OH OH. I knew this was trouble.

We went back into the library and I called AAA and they sent a guy from CARS over to give me roadside assistance. He started the car and had the same problem I had, and he said it would have to be towed. However, he did not come in a tow truck. He took the key, gave me his name and phone number and took the information about where to tow it (Mike's). He said he would go get the tow truck, have a quick supper with his wife and come back and get it. Here is a picture of my car broken down in front of the library.

Terry's daughter Rhonda came and picked us up and brought the three of us back to West Laurens.

1 comment:

  1. Your AA guy seems like a busy man! But how is your car today? Are you still having problems starting your auto? This is one of the most common dilemmas of car owners. A couple of reason that comes to mind is corroded batteries, cables and fuel restriction. But a qualified mechanic can definitely help end your car woes. I hope that your auto is fine and running now, since you are in for more trips and adventures! [Michelina Douglass]

    ReplyDelete