Saturday, June 11, 2011

DAIRY FEST Adventure

These signs have been all over the place the past couple of weeks.
Linda, Terry and I went to the MEREDITH DAIRY FEST. Linda had been before (she lives in East Meredith), but it was a first for Terry and I. The weather was nice when we arrived, but shortly it began to rain. We walked through two tents that offered items for sale, booths representing various agencies and samples of various foods. Then Linda and I decided to split a BLOOMING ONION,
which was very good! We found a spot under a tent to eat and listen to a band play.

I saw Patricia Page and Ilene Arlet and talked with them a while and got updated phone numbers and email addresses.

One of the booths was giving these bags away:


The band was pretty good,
but after a while we went back to the tents to look around some more.

Terry and I had FUNNEL CAKE (another first for me) and it was very good! Linda had asausage and pappers sandwich, which looked outstanding.

On the way home, I stopped in East Meredith to take a picture of a very old building which once served as a store and post office.
I had seen information and a picture of the building at the fest.

It was a great day in spite of the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment