Monday, June 20, 2011

New Hartford Adventure

For a couple of years, my friend Carol has mentioned going to RED LOBSTER every now and then. I finally said "lets go to a Red Lobster in June to celebrate our birthdays." A few dates were set and then changed, and today was finally the day to go. We met up in New Berlin and headed towards the nearest RED LOBSTER, in New Hartford, New York.

Before going to Red Lobster, we found two geocaches. One was located where a drive in theatre used to be, but there are not any ruins left. The second one was just outside of a cemetery. Then we went to Red Lobster.
We both decided on a lobster, shrimp and scallop dish. It was absolutely delicious and terribly expensive!

Then we went to SANGERFIELD SQUARE, a huge mall. It had been several years since I
was there. At TARGET, I located the LEGO'S. The display was overwhelming, so I called Megan and asked her for some help in deciding what to purchase for Tyler's
sixth birthday which is fast approaching. I also purchased a couple of items for a baby shower I will attend next month.

After that, we found one more geocache an ALWAYS cache, in a parking lot, pretty easy. Carol said she wished that we had more geocaching information with us, but we didn't.

We headed for home with a stop at Stewart's in New Berlin for ice cream. After much deliberation and price comparisons, we decided to purchase a half gallon of Heavenly Hash. We grabbed spoons and paper bowls and spooned it right out of the container!
You get a lot more ice cream for you money when you do it this way!

On the way back home from New Berlin, I stopped to take a picture of the tractor on the small island in the middle of a pond. It was a great day, even though I didn't take many pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment