Thursday, November 9, 2017

The DALE!!!

Yesterday I saw in their newsletter that they planned a Swallow Screening done by University of Buffalo clinicians.  I decided to go to this.  When I got out of my car, I spotted Marlene, who was there for the same purpose.

We both had the screening and I think it was very helpful.  Alexis did  the screening and then she and I met with Caroline Lewandowski.  She made some suggestions.  

Before we made it to the screening room, a volunteer told us about a "Meet the Author" event down the hall.  I went to that while waiting for Marlene to finish her screening.  The author is a local woman, Kelly Artieri, who wrote A SPOT IN MY HEART about her special needs dog, Vinnie.
I did not have my camera with me, so I found this online.  (her hair is shorter now, I think).   I think Megan, Christa and Connie would all like this book.  

Marlene and I were heading out when a volunteer named Lorraine stopped us and tried to interest us in card playing.  I mentioned to her that my Dad used to go to the Dale to play dominoes and she insisted on taking me to the cafeteria to meet Shirley.  

Lorraine asked Shirley "who was our favorite man here at the Dale".  Shirley thought for a few  seconds and said "Bud Niethe".    Lorraine introduced me to Shirley.  Both Lorraine and Shirley commented on the fact that Dad was "such a gentleman".  I was so touched that I almost started to cry.  I told Lorraine and Shirley how important "the Dale" (Lockport's Senior Association) was to Dad.

Shirley gave me a menu for upcoming lunches and I plan to see if Marlene will accompany me some day to have lunch there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment