Saturday, November 4, 2017

WINE AND CHOCOLATE PAIRING and MORE onSaturday, November 4, 2017

I started out the day by going to AUTUMN SPLENDOR Vendor Fair at All Saints Church,  I was only there a few minutes, and I purchased a small wooden snowman for Betty for Christmas.   At ten thirty Peggy picked me up to go to Gasport for the AUTUMN BAZAAR at Covenant United Church of Christ.   I purchased squash, a decorated pumpkin and some carrots.  We ran into Elaine and Nancy there.

Back in Lockport, we stopped at ALL SAINTS so Peg could pick up a gallon of chowder that she ordered.


I went home and was getting ready to lay down for a bit when Betty called and cancelled.  I immediately called Elaine and left a message asking her to join us if possible.  I was glad that she could.  

Peggy and David picked us up and we headed to Ransomville for a WINE AND CHOCOLATE PAIRING (for six) that Peggy won at the CareNet Banquet.  We met Lisa and her friend at Gust of Sun Winery in Ransomville. 
I was disappointed to find out that our pairing took place right at the bar, in front of the door, amid lots of drinking and loud talk.   Apparently, a group had arrived on a bus.  After a while they left and it quieted down some.  Each of us were able to try four wines, each accompanied by a piece of chocolate.  I tied two whites, one red and then had a white desert wine.  I cannot say I was thrilled with any of the wines, so I am glad chocolate was a part of this event.
 I think Elaine enjoyed herself, she purchased a bottle of wine.   Peggy said she may have drank a tablespoon of wine.  I drank more than her but I only finished one glass: the last one which was a desert wine.
We were  all given a souvenir glass to take home!

On the way home we all agreed that it was a once in a lifetime experience and we most likely will not do it again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment