Friday, November 17, 2017

Roswell: Thursday 11/16/17

My friend Mary Ann recently found out that she has breast cancer again.  She had  a lumpectomy and  radiation twelve years ago, and now once again she has it.  Since she does not have any family, I am trying to be there for her.

Her friend Bianca planned to come from Connecticut to accompany her to Roswell  for surgery today but her asthma is acting up and she is trying a new medicine and her doctor told her she should not make the several hour drive.  Her brother, Joe, agreed to take Mary Ann and I to Roswell.

They picked me up a little after eleven.  We arrived a little early for her scheduled arrival and she started the paperwork.  Her surgery was delayed due to the length of the previous surgery her doctor was performing.  I think she went in to surgery around 4:30.  It took three hours and then the doctor came out and told Joe and I that all went well.   Just after she went into surgery, I found this SWEET BUFFALO ROCK near the registration desk.

Joe and I saw her for a few minutes after she was taken to her room.  She was awake and could converse.  I told her the doctor had given us a good report.  We went back to Lockport and Joe dropped me off.  It was an extremely long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment