Monday, September 5, 2016

Labor Day Adventure with Peggy (September 5, 2016)

When Peggy asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday, I thought about it before telling her that I would like for her and I to spend a day together maybe geocaching, lunch out, exploring etc.  She agreed.  We set a date a few weeks ago to do it, but it was too hot and humid, so we tried again today.
My original plans were geocaching and Trader Joes, but this morning I changed them to include some explorations in DeVeaux Woods State Park in Niagara Falls.

So we headed out mid morning.  On the way to Niagara Falls, we found a geocache on a gate at the abandoned military station. (we explored it many years ago, so we didn't hang around today).

We got gas on the Tuscarora Indian Reservation and then headed towards the Niagara Falls.  It looked like we were going to have difficulty finding the park, but all of a sudden we were there!   It is a very nice park.  I took some pictures of the old orphans school which then became a college.


and then we went into the woods and found the geocache.  We got back to the path and walked through the old growth forest. 

 and then we looked for Niagara Falls Boulevard.  We stopped at the original DeCamillo's and I used two coupons to get a free piece of pizza and a free half dozen cookies.  

We stopped at a storage facility to look for HAND ME DOWNS, but we not successful.  At Oppenheim Park, we were successful in finding two geocaches.  

We decided to keep going on down the boulevard to have lunch. As we passed parking lots full of parking lots for the stores and the mall, I said to Peggy "look at all those dummies who have not discovered goecaching and urban exploring."  We found the Old Country Buffet closed but we found the AMHERST BUFFET (it used to be the Garden Buffet on the Transit, but the moved here.   After dropping off some books for the woman who sells them on ebay to support a missionary couple, we went back and had lunch at the Chinese buffet.  Then we decided it might be a good idea to walk a bit in the Boulevard Mall. Peg told me that we were about to join all those dummies I mentioned earlier!!!!!

We went to Kay Jewelers and we each purchased a Sterling Silver Lab Created Sapphire Necklace.  While walking, we noticed an interesting book store so we went in.  I found Christmas presents for Tyler, Dominic, Dillan and Vincent.  

Our last stop was TRADER JOES!!!!!  It was not too terribly crowded, which was really good.  And then we headed back to Lockport.  

It was a long and exhausting day, but a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment