Saturday, September 10, 2016

2016 Orleans County Heritage Festival: September 10, 2016

I am not sure where or how I heard about this three day event but I already had plans to go to Lewiston for the peach festival, so I did not plan on going.  I told Peggy about it, though, and she wanted to go and suggested I cancel my first plans so she and I could go to this event together.  David decided he wanted to accompany us.  I met them at their house and we headed towards Albion. Along the way we saw this:
  Our first official stop for the festival was at WATT FARM COUNTRY MARKET and the UNION CEMETERY, which is on their property.  

We got our badges and our first two ribbons here.  And then it was on to the Albion branch of Genesee County Community College for Death, Mourning and Justice in Orleans County. We did two events there: visiting the reproduction of a Victorian at home funeral
and listened to a speaker who talked about three famous area crimes.

And then we located the Orleans County Court House
and signed in for the 1:30 tour.  We had a few minutes to spare before the walking tour started so we walked around the Main Street area a bit.   I noticed this ghost sign.

The tour was great!  We got to into three churches, The Catholic Church, the Pullman Universalist Church and the First Presbyterian Church.  Here are a few pictures:



  After the tour, we headed back towards Middleport.  We stopped at the Amish Bulk Food Store along the way. 


My complete set of pictures can be seen here:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/juneny/sets/72157673595166296




No comments:

Post a Comment