Saturday, October 3, 2015

Basket Raffle and Real Auction ADVENTURE

I called my cousin Becky the other day and asked her if she wanted to get together on Saturday. She said she had plans to go to the basket raffle event at Concordia Lutheran Church in Newfane and that the event would start at eleven a.m., with the drawing at one p.m. I then told her about the free lasagna dinner at the my friend Lynnettes church with an auction to follow. We agreed to go to both events, taking a break in the middle. I met up with Becky at Concordia Lutheran Church. We had lunch and purchased tickets for the basket raffle (its basically a Chinese Auction. Becky won two items, but I was not as lucky. Later on we met up at the Warrens Corners Church (I think its Lutheran) for a lasagna dinner and auction. The dinner was very good. The pastor of the church was the auctioneer. I saw two items I liked, but the bidding went up too high right away so I did not bid. Becky bid on several things and had purchased two items when I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment