Friday, May 22, 2015

Montezuma/Seneca Falls Adventure DAY TWO: May 21, 2015

After breakfast in our hotel (MICROTEL) Leslie and I checked out and found two geocaches before heading into the Village of Seneca Falls to see some of the attractions.  Our first stop was at the NATIONAL WOMENS RIGHTS MUSEUM.  We did a self guided tour, and I enjoyed it very much.
There is no charge for this attraction. 
This is Leslie posing with the women who started the Women's Rights Movement.  
Then we went to the Visitors Center which had historical displays, mostly about businesses that used to exist in Seneca Falls.  At one time, manufacturing clocks was big business in Seneca Falls.
Then we went to the Women's Hall of Fame.  This small museum has pictures and information about all of the inductees.  Here is a portion of one of the "walls".
After that, we decided to look for a virtual geocache based on the movie "It's a Wonderful Life"  We found it and then walked the Sculpture Trail. 

By then it was lunch time and we decided on the GOULD HOTEL. 
We were surprised at the low prices.  A half sandwich and cup of soup is only five dollars.  That's what I had, along with a side of sweet potato fries. 
 
Then it was time to head home, so Leslie and I said goodbye and headed out.  I got really tired about 40 minutes into the drive, so I stopped at a thruway rest stop and took a brief nap.  I got home around 3:30 P.M. 
 
It was a great short trip, and I was thoroughly exhausted when I got home, but I prepared an simple supper for Peggy, Carrie and I.  I went to bed a little after eight p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment