Friday, May 23, 2014

May 22 and 23 Short Trip to Lockport

Wendy and I headed out for Lockport this morning.  We went to Richfield Springs and then north on 28 to get on the thruway.  We got of at the Palmyra exit in order to have lunch at the YELLOW MILLS DINER on Route 31.  We shared a greek salad and an italian sausage sandwich. Both were very good.  Before getting back on the thruway, we stopped and I took a picture of an old gas pump in front of an antique store.

Once back on the thruway we stayed on until we got to the DEPEW Exit, arriving at 17 around four p.m.  I called Peggy at work and we made arrangements to have supper with David at his house.  In the meantime, I went out to get gas and I stopped at LAKE EFFECT  ICE CREAM and purchased five pints of ice cream:  Frozen Hot Chocolate, The Full Minty, Angry Orange, Peanut Butter Epiphany and Salty Caramel. When I  returned Mike and Dillon and Dominic were at the house. I  offered the boys ice cream and they quickly built this ice cream tower:
and Wendy, the boys and I sampled all five flavors.  Mike did some work on the rear door and floor in the back bedroom, so  that the door can be opened more easily.

Supper at Davids was great!  He prepared a prime rib and we had that with a huge salad. We saw a couple of Amish buggys go down the road in front of his house.

Friday morning Wendy and I headed back home a little after six a.m.  Our first stop was DUNKIN DONUTS where we had breakfast.  Then we got on the thruway heading east.  We didn't stay on all  that long, getting off north of Auburn in order to go down and get on Route20.

We had lunch at the KLING MILLS GENERAL STORE AND DINER:  we both had fish fry.  We stopped to buy some baked goods from two little Amish boys, just the other side of Morris.

Arrived home at 12:45 p.m.  My complete set of pictures can be seen here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/juneny/sets/72157644410947588/




No comments:

Post a Comment