Saturday, March 17, 2012

All over the place on St. Patricks Day

It was a gorgeous spring day here (even though technically, it is still winter). I decided to spend some time with my friend Judy. On the way to her house, I stopped to take a picture of this building in Schenevus.
It used to be a store in the l800s. When I arrived, I asked Judy what she wanted to do and she said that she wanted to go to Cooperstown and eat at the Cooperstown Diner. So we headed out.

Lunch was good. I had liver and onions and she had tuna casserole. We then went to Price Chopper and she picked up a few items. It was too gorgeous to go home, so we decided to go to Richmondville, New York ONCE AGAIN to look for the place that a friend told Judy about........the story is that this place just reopened and has GREAT HOMEMADE PIE.

So we headed in that direction, stopping first to drop off Judy's groceries.



We went to Richmondville, and looked around and asked around and did not find a place that offers homemade pie. I took a picture of this business which is in a building which used to be a school.

After I dropped Judy off, I still felt energetic so I drove towards South Valley hoping to find a former schoolhouse that was built in l822. a flickr friend told me about. I found it on Braun Road, and here is a picture.
former Braun Road Schoolhouse by JuneNY
former Braun Road Schoolhouse, a photo by JuneNY on Flickr.

It is very well maintained as a private residence. Then I headed back towards Interstate 88. I stopped at the BADEAU CEMETERY where a geoacche is hidden. I didn't have the coords or info with me, but I decided to look around for an easy way to get up to the cemetery which is on top of a hill. I found it! I looked around the cemetery a bit and took a couple of pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment