Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fools Day Adventure (short and sweet(

Carol suggested we go to a pulled pork dinner in Burlington Flats, New York. Neither one of us knew where Burlington Flats was and it is not on the Otsego County map. However, with the help of a flickr friend, I got directions.

I arrived early at the designated meet up spot in West Burlington. Instead of waiting for Carol, I drove around a bit and found this old empty store.

I also found an old schoolhouse.
I took pictures and by time I got back to the designated spot, Carol was there.

We found our way to Burlington Flats and were pleasantly surprised at the clean, well kept hamlet. The village green is very nice and has memorials to men who fought in various wars. Here is one I particularly liked:
I took several pictures of the monuments and of the church, cemetery and interesting building adjacent to the cemetery.

When we were done there, we headed back to the pizzeria where we met. I went inside and got a couple of take out menus. Then we decided to find a geocache a few miles down the road on the edge of Edmeston. I actually found it before Carol got out of her car. It was the easiest geocache I have ever found.

The dinner was good, and I purchased a take out meal to take with me.

2 comments:

  1. I think that once you get bitten by that photography bug, it is impossible to go directly to and from anywhere without leaving extra time to poke around and take some pictures! Glad you had a nice day to explore….

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are one hundred percent correct!

    ReplyDelete