Saturday, April 23, 2011

Good Friday Adventure 2011

Rosa's in Bainbridge, NY by JuneNY
Rosa's in Bainbridge, NY, a photo by JuneNY on Flickr.

As soon as Terry finished working yesterday morning, she called me and we met up at her place in Otego.

First stop was at Rosa's in Bainbridge where we had a nice lunch. We both had the baked meatballs with parmesan. It was a good meal, and quickly served up.

Second sop: Pine Ridge Groceries (commonly known as The Mennonite Store). I really splurged today because it is a holiday weekend. This will be my first time tasting goat cheese (which is very expensive).

Third stop: Frog Pond Farms, which was bursting with color. I bought a lot of fresh fruits and some parsnips and tomatoes. I took a lot of pictures of the plants and flowers that they had for sale.


Fourth stop: convenience store in Bainbridge so that we could use the bathroom.

Fifth stop: The highway department in Bainbridge where we looked for a geocache on a "steel angel". Fifteen minutes of searching brought no results.


Sixth stop: PIE IN THE SKY in Otego where we were successful in finding the nicely hidden geocache.

Then Terry and I said our goodbyes and I headed home to await my Easter company.
Dad and Peggy arrived around 6:40 and an hour later supper was served: beef on weck, baked beans and a creamed corn casserole.

Then Dad, Peggy and I played dominoes before going to bed around ten thirty p.m. It was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment