Friday, April 15, 2011

Quaker Burying Ground: Morris, NY

Terry and I went to the lenten fish fry at the Columbus Community Church tonight. On the way there, we saw some Amish people in a buggy, so we decided to drive through the Amish area on Parker Road outside of New Berlin. The supper was was great! After that we drove around Columbus a bit and I took a few pictures. We went through New Berlin and I stopped to take pictures of the old feed store. I vaguely recall going into it once in the late 1980's to pick up something. Since the feed store closed down, it has been used as an auction house, but it appears abandoned now.

After I dropped Terry off, I stopped at the old cemetery on Route 23, just outside of Morris. I had always assumed that it was the old part of the newer large cemetery across the road, but I was wrong. The sign says QUAKER BURYING GROUND. I spent a few minutes taking pictures and plan to return to hide a geocache sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment