Friday, May 7, 2010

Training Day turned into an ADVENTURE!!


This morning, I attended a three hour training at Social Services in Cooperstown, New York. It was such a gorgeous day that my co-workers and I did not want to go back to work. Our boss who was driving went along with this idea. We had lunch at a cafe in THE COMMONS, a plaza just south of Cooperstown.

After that we headed to Cherry Valley to go to a place known as LILACS, LILACS, LILACS where there are a lot of lilac bushes and greenhouses where you can purchase
small bushes to transplant at home. This place is associated with the old building known as the HOPS HOUSE, and a picture of the Hops House is attached to this blog. After that, we decided to spend some time exploring Cherry Valley. We found the neatest book store. I noticed RURY'S FOOD STORE, and had to check it out.Once inside, I decided to buy something (batteries)befor asking if I could take pictures. Francis Rury still runs this true Mom and Pop store that has been in his family for a long time. The original shelving remains.

On the way back, I suggested that we might stop at another small Mom and Pop type store that I noticed on the way to Cherry Valley. Bob's Country Store in Roseboom is another great place, which offered a lot of photo opportunities. The Roseboom Post Office is located in this store.

Cherry Valley and Roseboom are places where I want to spend more time exploring in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment