Monday, May 17, 2010

Mini-Adventure with Connie




Umbrella Shaped Tree
Originally uploaded by JuneNY
Connie called me this morning and asked me to meet her at her place at ten a.m. to go on a "birdwalk" and then have lunch.

I arrived at the appointed time and we took off a few minutes later. The area she wanted to go on is part of a long stretch of trails that snowmobilers use. I had never been on it before. It was a perfect day to be outdoors!


We saw several birds: redwinged blackbirds, Baltimore Orioles, swallows, sparrows, robins and crows. Connie said it was not a good day for birding, but I was more than satisfied with what we saw. It was good practice using my binoculars, too.

I took some pictures for my flickr account: they are here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/juneny/sets/72157623957348933/

After we were finished with our walk, Connie prepared a great lunch including homemade potato salad. We had a nice visit and I was home in time for a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment