Sunday, May 20, 2018

Sunday, May 20, 2018 Church, Luncheon and Drive to Erie, PA

My original plans were to leave tomorrow (Monday May 21st) and drive to Shipshewana, Indiana and stay the night there and then to drive to Plainwell on Tuesday the 21nd.  However, I was starting to stress out about the long drive to Shipshewana all by myself.    It occurred to me that I did not HAVE to do it that way and began to consider getting a couple of hours of driving out of the way on Sunday.  I did not want to miss church or the luncheon after  church in honor of the several children and teens who were baptized during the service.    My macaroni and cheese was completely eaten!!!!!

 I got packed up this morning, went to church and the luncheon and then went home and called the SUPER 8 in Erie, PA.   I reserved a room for the night and headed out around 2:00 p.m.  Unfortunately, I forgot to grab my purse, but I was only two miles away from home when I realized it!!!  So I did lose a bit of time driving back home and getting it.

I had an uneventful drive...……….getting on the thruway in Depew and heading southwest.  After crossing into Pennsylvania I stopped to use the rest room at a very nice Welcome Center.

  Then I got back on 90 and headed towards Erie.  Once I got off of Exit 27, I stopped for gas, and then I located my hotel.  I got a very nice room on the first floor,  I saw this in the parking lot for the hotel next store (Quality Inn).

I had wanted to go to Primanti Brothers for a reuben sandwich, but I could not find it, even though my GPS took me to a mall that had a sign for Primanti's in front of it.  I went into a Ruby Tuesdays, but I looked at a menu and decided there was nothing I really wanted.   I decided to go back to the Super 8 and eat the lunch I packed before leaving Lockport:  ham salad sandwich, yogurt, grapes and a bottle of Charleston Tea Plantation green tea with mango.

I had a hard time getting the tv to work in my room, it took about ten or fifteen minutes to warm up!.  When it finally came on, I was able to find PBS and watch the second part of LITTLE WOMEN.


2 comments: