Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Shipshewana and Drive to Plainwell

I got up early and had breakfast at my hotel.  When I got to the dining area, it was full of Amish people who were visiting from Holmes County, Ohio.  I got packed up and then went to find a geocache as the Visitors Center.

Then I drove down some backroads.  I saw this interesting cemetery

I stopped at this place:
.  Here there was a sign USED BUGGIES FOR SALE.
Then I went back to Shipshewana and went to a few shops, and made a few purchases.  


Then I headed north into Michigan.  I stopped and made myself a sandwich along the way.  Arrived around one p.m.  Only Mike and Tina were there, and Cassy returned shortly.  Bob and Megan arrived and eventually Chris got home from work.  We had a light supper of salad, chips and sandwiches. 

In the evening, we all went to the Academic Achievements Awards.
It was a  two hour ceremony honoring the top students.  

1 comment: