Thursday, May 17, 2018

BOXING DAY: May 17, 2018


Tonight was BOXING DAY at Aqua-Systems in East Amherst, NY.  A bunch of people (leaders)
of the IMAGINE COMMUNITY GARDENS at five p.m.   I met a woman who works at VanDeMark Chemical here in Lockport.  I told her I used to babysit for the children of Joanne and Alan VanDeMark.  She said Joanne recently retired, has purchased a condo in Niagara on the Lake and that years ago she created BUFFALO SPREE.

 Pizza, wings and salad were served!   The salad was great.  I am in this picture (which I did not take)

All of these plants were provided by Thompson Brothers Greenhouse.

After eatinf,  the chaos began.  It is hard to describe how we attempted to put plants and seeds into separate boxes for each small garden plot.
  We used these sheets.
 and were handed small plants to make boxes. We checked off each plant or cup of seeds as we added them to the box.   Each box would be for one gardener to do his or her own garden.    It was total  chaos.  Pam got frustrated and tired and said she would wait in the car.  I joined her as soon as I completed my box and Eileen's box (which she started but then she started delivering the plants and seeds in order to speed the process up). I guess the boxes will be delivered to the gardens before Saturday when we plant the gardens. 

On the way home Pam and I stopped for ice cream at Johnsons.

No comments:

Post a Comment