Friday, August 18, 2017

Evening of Worship at Ida Fritz Park

The youth group from Faith Tab. put on this event tonight.
  I asked Betty to go with me.  She suggested we have supper at the hospital before the event and I agreed.  She picked me up in her new car and we headed out.

Supper at the hospital was OK..............but not spectacular.  I think there are many more places in Lockport where you can get a good inexpensive fish fry and next time I will suggest COUSINS CAFE.   Betty bought a couple of extra sides to take home, so we took them to my house to put them in the frig.

There was an incident at the park before the event.  A homeless man threw his beer bottle on the ground and another fellow asked him to pick it up.  When he refused, there was a loud argument and the offended man called the police.  Three cops arrived and talked with them, and the homeless guy (who had a large white bandage over one eye) left.

Peggy arrived and met up with us.  The worship started right at seven p.m.
and it was really good.  My cousin Bridget (Boes) Brown came and Peg and I talked with her for a couple of minutes and prayed with her for her son Owen who is hospitalized with a severe infection.

I think the youth were delighted when they were asked to do an "encore".  They did OH HAPPY DAY!

Betty and I went to JoJo's for ice cream afterwards.


No comments:

Post a Comment