Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Detroit to Buffalo 8/16/17

When I checked my email at Megan's house this a.m. Delta was telling me that I should arrive at least two hours before my scheduled flight departure (which was four p.m.)  That email suggested that I check in ahead of time, so I did it online and printed out my boarding pass.
We left Plainwell a couple of minutes after noon for the two hour drive to the airport in Detroit.   I checked my luggage outside via the valet service, which was very helpful.  The worker kept the boarding pass I supplied her and gave me a new smaller one which also had my departure gate on it.  
Going through security was quick and easy.  I checked the "board" as soon as I found one, and saw that my flight was delayed 35 minutes.

Getting to my gate was quick and easy.  The airport is huge, but signs giving directions are clear and easy to read.  SOOOOOO, here I am, charging up my laptop while I use it.  I just ate my granola bar, and should be able to wait until after my arrival in Buffalo to eat with Peggy and David.  Now, it seems that my departure is further delayed.  I am glad to be able to use free wifi on my laptop.

Updated announcement says the flight is delayed another twenty minutes.
Several minutes later, an announcement says the original 35 to 40 minute delay is reinstated and would passengers on the flight to Buffalo please return to the gate.

I was assigned a seat in the very last row and it turned out to be fine.

The flight did not take as long as was expected. Peg picked me up an we went out to supper at MoMo's.  I was glad to get home and I started unpacking and checked phone messages and looked at some of my mail.  After a bit of time on facebook, exhaustion set in and I went to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment